Would Map

International financial support

International financial support

Studying for higher education is a big decision – especially if you’re looking to do it in another country.

To help, we’ve collated the main things to bear in mind about our fees and funding so you can get your finances in good order.

If you're coming here from outside the EU

You will need to pay overseas tuition fees for your course.

If you're coming here from within the EU

You should pay overseas tuition fees for your course, unless you have pre-settled status in the UK. For any queries on your fee status, please visit gov.uk or contact our Admissions team on Admissions@bucks.ac.uk.

Scholarships and Bursaries

If you’re a self-funded International Student paying overseas fees, you may qualify for our Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship. Find out more below:

Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship


We understand that you may face additional challenges and we’re here to support you every step of the way.

If you’re a self-funded International Student paying overseas fees, you may qualify for a scholarship of £1,500 on your first year of study with us.

Applicants must hold an offer from Buckinghamshire New University for a full-time degree programme, starting in either January 2022 or September 2022.

You do not need to complete an application form to be considered for this scholarship.

The important information - Terms and Conditions

  • One off payment of £1,500 available to all applicants paying overseas fees on their first year of study
  • Applicants must be self-funded
  • Programme of study must be Level 4 or above
  • Programme of study must be at least one year in duration
  • The tuition fee charged must be at least £12,500
  • This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with another scholarship or bursary offered by Buckinghamshire New University.

We also offer some scholarships and bursaries for overseas students, to help with the costs of studying in the UK. Check our scholarships and bursaries section to see if any are open to you and how to apply for them.

You can also contact Student Finance to find out how you can get funding for your studies based on your individual circumstances. If you've already completed an undergraduate degree at Buckinghamshire New University, you could receive a fee discount on a postgraduate course.


If you are studying at Postgraduate level

EU students may be able to apply for a postgraduate loan from the Government. If you have been living in the UK for at least three years before your course starts, you may also qualify for a professional and career development loan; visit gov.uk for more information and eligibility criteria.

Both EU and international students can also potentially get funding for their studies through sponsorship from an employer. This could be an option open to you if your work is happy to sponsor a course that’s relevant to your role or the sector you work in.

It's also worth contacting companies, charities or professional societies about sponsorship if you know you’ll be working on research as part of your course that might be relevant to them. Many students find financial support for postgraduate studies this way.

Student holding money

Short term loans

Short-term Loans are available to United Kingdom students who are fully enrolled on a course of study at Buckinghamshire New University and who find themselves in financial difficulty due to a delay in the first payment of their statutory student funding.


BNU Hardship Fund

The BNU Hardship Fund (BHF) provides discretionary financial assistance for students to help them access and remain in higher education. It is particularly aimed for those students who need financial help to meet specific course and living costs that cannot be met from other sources of support. 

man swimming in a pool

Performance Sport Academy

We are passionate about supporting exceptional athletes. If you are involved in sport at a regional, national or international level, then you can apply for our Performance Sport Support.