Sport and Human Performance
Sport and Human Performance
With over 20 years’ experience in sport-related studies, we offer a range of career-focused programmes in many areas of Sport and Human Performance.
BNU is a well known name in sports-focused education and, as a student and graduate with us, you will be able to tap into our partnerships with sports organisations, many of which are based on our doorstep.
We have strong links with the National Sports Centre at Bisham Abbey, home to several national governing bodies of sport, Leap (County Sports Partnership), and Wycombe Wanderers Football Club. We also work closely with Reading Women Football Club and the National League basketball team, Reading Rockets.
With a focus on hands-on experience and industry knowledge, our graduates leave us highly employable, in a field that values transferable graduate skills and prior engagement with the industry.
Bucks graduates have gone on to work in strength and conditioning at the English Institute of Sport, as research assistants at international universities, performance analysts with sports teams such as Watford Football Club and in sports management roles with organisations such as the Sport and Recreation Alliance.
Take a look at our Sport and Human Performance courses
- BSc (Hons) Football Development and Performance
- BSc (Hons) Football Development and Performance with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Football Development and Performance with Sandwich Year
- BA (Hons) Sports Business and Coaching
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science - Part Time
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Sport Development and Coaching
- BA (Hons) Sport Development and Coaching with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Sport Development and Coaching with Sandwich Year
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Sport and Physical Education
- BA (Hons) Sport and Physical Education with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning
- BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning In Tactical Populations
- MSci Sport and Exercise Science
- FDSc Sports Coaching Science
- We help students identify what employers are looking for from their future recruits, including practical and transferrable skills, personal qualities and business awareness, and then develop those things as an integral part of our teaching
- We give students the chance to blend academic study with opportunities to gain practical experience in the professional environment, including working with sports teams, clubs, schools, academies, and in our own in-house clinic
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists. They also become student members of The Society, and gain access to useful resources including the British Journal of Sports Medicine. They can then register with The Society once they graduate and obtain the relevant insurance to practice
- Whatever your standard of sport, our Students’ Union’s squads welcome you to come along and train or simply enjoy physical activity. With over 30 teams in 20 different disciplines, there really is something for everyone. And as part of our exclusive Big Deal package, you can get free access to a diverse range of activities
- Our Gateway Gym is a state of the art facility with equipment to suit every exercisers' needs. Qualified and experienced fitness coaches are always on hand to offer assistance or can be booked for personal programming appointments free of charge to all premier members.
The Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre is part of the High Wycombe Campus and brings together our teaching, research and enterprise across health, sport, exercise and wellbeing.
The centre comprises of our Human Performance Laboratory and our Sports and Wellbeing Clinic, which is accessible to staff, students and the public.
Equipped for assessing the function and performance of a wide range of human physiological, biomechanical and psychological parameters, The Human Performance Laboratory gives you the tools you need to succeed as you learn to use leading-edge research tools for sport, exercise and therapy.
The clinic offers a range of health and wellbeing treatments covering:
- treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
- sports and remedial massage appointments
- prevention and assessments.