Working with Business
Working with Business
The University has a broad range of business partnerships locally and regionally, across a range of sectors and industries. We have a particular strength in higher and degree level apprenticeships with the numbers of learners choosing to study with us in this way growing year on year.
We work closely with our local growth hub, Bucks Business First, to ensure that the courses we develop are meeting the needs of Buckinghamshire’s employers. Our graduates’ employability matters to us, and that’s why we prepare students for the world of work from the very start of their studies. Our University is proud to work with and make a positive contribution to businesses across our region and beyond. These are just some of the ways in which we work in partnership together:
- We have a number of educational and research partnerships and our campuses in High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Aylesbury have a number of specialist facilities and simulation spaces which may be of use to businesses looking for facilities where they can trial products or services, or where they can train their staff. These include music and dance studios, a sports lab and a VR suite.
- Our Aylesbury and High Wycombe campuses have incubation suites for businesses seeking collaborative workspace on a flexible basis. Find out more here. These are more than just serviced office spaces, and create the opportunity for our business guests to collaborate with the University’s students and teaching staff.
- We hire our first-class facilities to businesses for events, seminars, training sessions, away days, conferences and black-tie evening events. Our friendly events team can show you around our teaching spaces, lecture theatres and events halls, as well as introduce you to all that’s on offer at Missenden Abbey, our 12th century abbey and conference centre.
- Our premises have much to offer for photoshoots and filming, from commercial productions to product launches.
We offer courses and consultancy in a range of sectors:
- Aviation and security
- Art and design
- Dance and performance
- Human and social sciences
- Business, law and computing
- Media and creative industries
- Health care and social work
- Nursing and allied health
We would be delighted to speak to businesses about the range of internships, and undergraduate/graduate placements that are key to the transformative education we provide at Buckinghamshire New University.
Business Incubator and Innovation
We want to help grow your business. Over the last decade, we’ve invested over £100 million in our facilities. From medical simulation suites to event and exhibition spaces, we have something to benefit your business.
Hire our facilities
We offer a range of rooms and conference facilities to support local businesses. Thanks to an investment of over £100 million in our facilities over the past decade, we offer an impressive and extensive range of cutting-edge equipment and resources that could make all the difference to your organisation.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) bring together business, research and the public sector to work together and create inspiring change. The aim is to support and speed up the development of innovative products and services that won’t just meet market needs, but also tackle major challenges in society and help to drive the economy.
Our courses are designed with industry in mind and geared to help you stand out from the competition. If you have a specific challenge to solve, we can even create bespoke training for your team.
Recruiting our Students
Whether you are looking for part-time staff, have a graduate job to fill or are interested in employing an intern, the Student Opportunities and Career Success team can help you.